eROC 2023 RULES
The eROC competition is the Esports series of Race Of Champions. It is the only competition where within two months of entering, if you are quick enough, you could find yourself racing for real at the Race Of Champions World Final against some of the world’s best drivers in identical racing cars, in front of thousands of spectators and global TV!
eROC 2023 will start on 4th January and will run until 28th January 2023, combining both online and real racing.
PRIZE: For the Ultimate eRace Of Champions World Final in Sweden, the Prize will be a wildcard to compete against some of the world’s best race drivers in identical cars in the actual Race Of Champions in front of a global audience.
The Winner will also qualify for the ROC Nations Cup as one of the two members of the “Sim Racing All Star Team”.
For this edition, gamers are only eligible to participate in the eROC competition if they have Assetto Corsa installed on their computer.
Each qualifying event will be played on a different combination of ROC tracks and racing cars.
A Hot Lap competition, open to all, will be open from January 4th to 11th where the best 8 will be invited to the Qualifying Final on January 18th at 8pm CET.
To take part of the Hot Lap competition, you will need to register at www.raceofchampions.com/eroc-2023
Once you are registered, you will be able to download the track and car combination for the Hot Lap competition.
Entry is open to all*, with a random draw deciding the positions of the first match for each race.
Racers go head to head in a best of 3 format, taking turns to race in different lanes. If they are tied after two races then a decider will take place with the faster overall lap time offered a chance to choose which lane to start from. The winner will progress to the next round.
eROC World Final
There will be four finalists for the the eROC World Final:
2022 eROC Winner
Winner of the 2023 Qualifying Final
Winner of the 2023 Swedish Final (hosted by our partner The Swedish Automobile Sports Federation – SBF)
Special Award for the best social media content creator around eROC competition
These 4 finalists should be available to travel to Sweden between the 24th Jan – 29th Jan.
The overall eROC World Final 2023 winner and runner up will be representing team SIM Racing All Stars in the ROC Nations Cup on Saturday 28th January 2023.
The eROC World Final will take place at the Race Of Champions Sweden, held at Pite Havsbad.
*Please refer to Player Eligibility below.
1. All Participant must meet all requirements in this Section in their entirety to be eligible to participate in the eROC.
2. Any Participant who does not meet such requirements shall be deemed ineligible and will be removed from the eROC unless and until such time as eROC is satisfied that all eligibility criteria has been met. Participants agree that the promoter can investigate and take such other action as it may reasonably require in determining eligibility.
3. The eROC is open to residents of all countries where the Game and/or the eROC is not prohibited or unlawful (each participant to satisfy themselves as to whether this condition is met) except:
a. persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years as at the day they register to participate in the eROC
b. Participants do not require any previous racing experience but must attend the compulsory practice session scheduled.
c. employees and agents of eROC and/or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies
d. anyone involved in and/or connected to the organisation and running of the eROC and/or the Game in any way; and
e. the immediate family members of any of the persons set forth in (b) or (c) above (and for these purposes ‘immediate family members’ shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses).
4. A Participant is only eligible to qualify for the Qualifier Round if they hold a valid Driving License. A copy of the Driving license will be asked to go through the Qualifying round.
5. Participants must be individuals, not corporate entities.
6. A Participant is only eligible to participate in the Qualifiers if they have:
a. Registered for eROC qualifying event on www.raceofchampions.com.
b. Installed Assetto Corsa (either Steam or AC Pro) on their computer
c. Dowloaded the eROC Game (updated to the latest version of the Game publicly available on the raceofchampions.com platform at the time they participate in the Online Qualifying Rounds); and
d. An Internet connection.
7. Participants are responsible for their own hardware and internet connection. Any event/rounds held in eROC will not be rescheduled due to technical issues other than the game itself, its servers, or the eROC platform.
8. In registering to participate in the eROC, each Participant confirms that he/she:
a. is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize that he/she may win
c. accepts that decisions of the promoter regarding all matters relating to the eROC competition are final and binding.
d. will agree to send its lap telemetry if requested.
9. By entering the eROC competition in whatever manner, each Participant agrees that any personal information provided by a Participant shall be:
b. used by the promoter and their respective agents and suppliers to administer the eROC competition, send out prizes and to enable the promoter to promote the eROC competition in any media (including, without limitation, television and online broadcast, publishing channels and Race Of Champions’ and its partners’ social media pages) and in any other manner to which a Participant has expressly consented to;
c. passed on to any eROC Partner in a manner to which a Participant has consented to and used for any additional activities that you have consented to, for example, if a Participant has agreed that eROC Partners can contact them, then their data will also be used in accordance with such consents; and
d. shared with Teams and organisations involved in eROC and Race Of Champions, of course only in the manner a Participant has consented to.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
11. By registering (if applicable) and participating in the eROC competition, Participants agree and consent to the use and reproduction by or on behalf of Race Of Champions of their name, voice, still and moving (including photographic) images and/or comments relating to the eROC competition without limitation for such promotional, merchandising, marketing and publicity purposes of eROC competition in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid to them and further agree to take part in such media, marketing and publicity requirements of the Promoter relating to the eROC competition (acting reasonably).
12. Participants shall not do or permit anything to be done which might adversely affect any of eROC’s commercial rights or the value of the commercial rights and shall not be entitled to exploit any commercial or other agreement (including the endorsement and/or promotion of a competitor’s products or services,) other than as agreed with the Promoter.
13. Some stages of the eROC competition will be filmed and broadcast and each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter shall be entitled to use any such footage in its discretion.
14. Participants agree to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on eROC and Race Of Champions in all respects.
15. Players Names and/or Username may not contain: obscene or suggestive language, corporation, company, sponsor, product, or services names, any material which infringes a third party’s rights, or which Administration feels may cause confusion during gameplay.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to restrict or change player names and Username for any reason. A Participant’s name is not permitted to change throughout the Competition unless explicitly approved by the Promoter. The Promoter could refer to Participants with their full names.
17. The eROC 2023 competition gives the opportunity to the winner of the online Qualifier to advance to the eROC World Final, which will be held at the Race Of Champions World Final in Pite Havsbad, Sweden 28-29 January 2023, referred to as the “Event”.
18. Compulsory practice and Media activity takes place between 25-27 January 2023.
19. The Promoter is not a travel agency and therefore is not subject to any applicable travel laws. ROC does not offer a package tour.
20. The winner will be offered the following:
a. compensation for the cost of the ticket for one person travelling economy class from their home airport or train station (within reason), or the fuel costs if traveling by personal transport, to the city of the Event and back. Compensation will be payable after the participant has provided receipt.
b. accommodation will be provided on the evening prior to the mandatory Practice date and during the Event date in the hotel selected by the Promoter.
c. transfers to/from the airport and stadium.
d. all racing material and safety equipment during the Event.
e. event third-party insurance (travel insurance not included).
21. Promoter expressly reserves the right to change details in the offer before completion of the contract for objectively authorised, significant and unpredictable reasons.
22. If any Finalist:
a. is not able, for any reason, to accept the Prize; or
b. cannot attend both the mandatory Practice session and the Event
c. cannot be contacted within a notification period of 48 hours; or
they will have no right to claim the value of their prize in cash and the Promoter is entitled to award the Prize to another entrant.
23. This prize is non-transferrable to any other person.
FINALISTS & NOTIFICATIONS
24. The Promoter will personally notify each finalists to the e-mail address provided by each participant at registration.
25. The Finalist will be notified by the Promoter that they are among the finalists within 48 (forty eight) hours of them having qualified and asked to provide their email address to which all future correspondence.