ROC FACTOR STOCKHOLM
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Race Of Champions® (“ROC”) gives the opportunity to the Finalist of the ROC Factor® Sweden Facebook competition to compete in one of the ROC Factor Stockholm events, (the “Event”) which will be held on November 18th 2017 in Stockholm’s Friends Arena.
- By entering the ROC Factor Sweden Competition (the “Competition”) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
- Participants must be aged 18 or over, and hold a valid drivers’ license.
- Entrants must be individuals, not corporate entities.
- While the Competition is open to residents from any country, travel will only be paid from within Sweden.
- Participants do not require any previous racing experience but must attend the compulsory practice session scheduled for the afternoon prior to the Event date.
- Only entries correctly submitted via Race Of Champions’ Facebook page competition app, and that includes the required 50-word explanation, will be counted.
- ROC’s employees and contractors are not allowed to participate in the Competition.
- The registration period starts at 9am CET on Wednesday 20 September and closes at 5pm CET on Friday 6 October 2017 (the “Registration”). Any entries submitted after the Registration will not be evaluated.
- The Competition is a two-step process, the “Registration” period and the “Voting & Qualification” period. Only one entry per participant is allowed.
- To enter the Competition, participants must submit the reason why they believe they have the “ROC Factor” in a maximum 50-word explanation via Race Of Champions’ Facebook page competition app 50-word explanation, during the Registration period
- For each Event, 20 entries, the semi-finalists, will be selected and put forward to the social media vote (the “Voting & Qualification” period). Each semi-finalist is then responsible for increasing their share of the public vote, which counts towards the final result.
- The ROC Factor Sweden finalist(s) (the “Finalists”) are based on a combination of the social media vote’s percentage and ROC Jury’s decision. The ROC Jury’s decision is final and may not be appealed.
- Automatically or mechanically produced entries, and entries we reasonably consider to be inappropriate for any reason (eg because they are disparaging or unlawful) are ineligible.
- Finalist(s) will be selected and advance to the ROC Factor finals, held at the
- They will first compete against each other before the winner advances to face professional racing drivers.
- Compulsory practice and Media activity takes place the day prior to the Event Date.
- Finalists accept to take part in at least one Media activity in the week leading up to the Event.
- Race Of Champions is not a travel agency and therefore is not subject to any applicable travel laws. ROC does not offer a package tour.
- The Finalist will be offered the following:
- Compensation for the cost of the ticket for one person travelling economy class from any Swedish airport or train station (within reason), or the fuel costs if traveling by personal transport, to the city of the Event and back. Compensation will be payable after the Participant has provided receipt.
- Accommodation (with Saturday morning breakfast) on the evening prior to the Event date in the hotel selected by ROC.
- Transfers to/from the airport and stadium.
- All racing material and safety equipment during the Event.
- Event third-party insurance (travel insurance not included).
- The Finalist is solely responsible for all taxes (including profit tax) and other expenses in connection with acceptance to take part in the Event and not mentioned above. ROC will not compensate any expenses other than expressly agreed to in these Terms & Conditions.
- ROC expressly reserves the right to change details in the offer before completion of the contract for objectively authorised, significant and unpredictable reasons.
- In the event that finalists cannot participate in the Event or the finalist is found to be ineligible or does not comply with the rules and regulations of the Event, they will have no right to claim the value of their prize in cash or other compensation and ROC reserves the right to disqualify such Finalist.
- If any Finalist:
- is not able, for any reason, to accept the Prize; or
- cannot attend both the mandatory Practice session and the Event
- cannot be contacted within a notification period of 48 hours; or
- does not comply with the rules and regulations of the Event;
they will have no right to claim the value of their prize in cash and ROC is entitled to award the Prize to another entrant
- This prize is non-transferrable to any other person.
FINALISTS & NOTIFICATIONS
- ROC will personally notify each semi-finalist after the registration process has closed to the e-mail address provided by each semi-finalist at registration.
- The Finalist will be notified by ROC that they have won within 24 (twenty four) hours of them being selected and asked to provide their email address to which all future correspondence about the Prize is to be delivered. Entrants who have not won will not receive notification that they have not won.
PRIVACY AND YOUR INFORMATION
- This competition’s AgoraPulse app is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to ROC and not to Facebook.
- You agree that you are the sole owner of all information in your entry and that it becomes solely owned by us after your entry. This includes rights in any tangible items you provide and in the content of your entry. We may use, disclose, change and transfer such property without any compensation to you. By entering, you agree that we may rely on there being no present or future obligation to pay any fee to anyone or to obtain anyone’s consent or to provide any form of attribution in connection with your entry.
- We may collect, use and disclose information about you for direct marketing and data analytics purposes. By registering to participate in the Competition, you expressly consent that your e-mail address is used for such purposes. The purposes may concern our goods and services, those of our group companies or those with whom there are commercial alliances (eg prize providers and trademark licensors). The means of any direct marketing may include electronic media (email, SMS and social media platforms).
- The total prize value does not exceed SEK 5,000. This is calculated as the sum of the values of all possible prizes that can be won in the Competition. The values are the usual or recommended retail or market values of the Prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- For circumstances which are beyond our control such as war, strike, lockout, unrest, epidemic, territorial invasions, natural catastrophes etc. and those defaults caused by public supply and disposal facilities (e.g. water, electricity and other forms of energy) we will be released from liability especially in the event of force majeure or local climate-related circumstances.
- ROC will not be held liable to any participant for any fraud committed by any third party, the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the Prize nor for any events beyond its control.
- So far as is permitted by law, ROC and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
- any circumstances in connection with the Competition and/or the Event which are beyond our reasonable control
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition and/or the Event;
- any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, the Prize which does not reach the intended recipient), cancellation of or use of the Prize;
- any act or default of any third party supplier; and/or
- any act or default by a Finalist or their guest (including, without limitation, not providing ROC with adequate information to fulfil the Prize in the required time frames, travel, delays or non-attendance by the Finalist for any reason resulting in the Finalist being unable to take part in the Event and/ or any elements of the Prize) which are beyond ROC’s reasonable control, including (without limitation) communications failure with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this Competition, inaccessibility, unavailability or any kind of failure of the internet, any relevant website, mobile phone network, any software, any hardware or any combination thereof.
- If ROC is or becomes liable to the Finalists for any reason, our liability will be limited to any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you up to a maximum of the total prize value referred to above,
- ROC will not be liable for any other damages (whether those other damages are referred to as direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) nor shall we be liable for any act or omission, negligent or otherwise.
SEPARATE LEGAL TERMS
- There may be terms applicable to prizes in addition to those set out in these Terms & Conditions. Eg tickets to providers’ services (including entertainment events and travel-related services) are subject to providers’ terms of supply of those services. Also, before allocating a prize to you, we may ask you to agree to some terms in addition to these Terms & Condition. These would be:
- a statutory declaration confirming your eligibility to be a winner;
- providing us with any additional information we ask as being appropriate to allocate and manage the award of the Prize and claiming your prize and
- additional terms and regulations associated in taking part of a racing event.
- Participating in scheduled Media activities.
A copy of all these additional terms will be sent to you on request during the Competition period and, if you are selected as a Finalist, before you decide whether to claim the Prize. If we ask you to sign and return any such additional terms and we do not receive signed copies from you within one week (or such longer period as the law requires) after our request, we may take it that you have decided not to claim your prize, declare you as ineligible as a Finalist and select an alternate Finalist.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law, and with the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in relation to any dispute arising under these Terms & Conditions.
Legal entity of Race Of Champion for the promotion of the ROC Factor Sweden social media competition is IMP Event Management Limited
© Copyright Race Of Champions