REGULATIONS FOR eROC qualification for Virtual Race Of Champions 2020
PROMOTERS AND TERMS OF ENTRY
1. The promoters of the eROC competition, a product of Race Of Champions (referred to as “ROC”), (including all online events) is International Media Production SAM (referred to as the “Promoter”).
3.All Participants who participate in the eROC and Race Of Champions Virtual (referred to as “Online Events”) will be required to accept:
a.the Terms and Conditions (to the extent they apply to a particular Participant);
b. an acknowledgement that Online Events will be filmed and that the Organization and its partners will be entitled to use and exploit footage of the eROC in its discretion;
c.agreeing to participate in publicity and media activities relating to the eROC; and
d.consenting to eROC and its partners using the qualifying Participant’s name, voice, image, slogan, likeness, photographs, images (still and moving), biography, statistics and performance in the eROC and assigning any intellectual property created during the eROC (as the case may be).
4. All Participant must meet all requirements in this Section in their entirety to be eligible to participate in the eROC qualifying stage.
5. Any Participant who does not meet such requirements shall be deemed ineligible and will be removed from the eROC unless and until such time as eROC is satisfied that all eligibility criteria has been met. Participants agree that the promoter can investigate and take such other action as it may reasonably require in determining eligibility.
6. The eROC is open to residents of all countries where the Game and/or the eROC is not prohibited or unlawful (each participant to satisfy themselves as to whether this condition is met) except:
a. employees and agents of eROC and/or their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies
b. anyone involved in and/or connected to the organisation and running of the eROC and/or the Game in any way; and
c. the immediate family members of any of the persons set forth in (a) or (b) above (and for these purposes ‘immediate family members’ shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses).
7. Participants must be individuals, not corporate entities.
8. A Participant is only eligible to participate in the Qualifiers if they have:
a. Installed Assetto Corsa (either Steam or AC Pro) on their computer
b. Dowloaded the eROC Game (updated to the latest version of the Game publicly available on the raceofchampions.com platform at the time they participate in the Online Qualifying Rounds); and
c. an Internet connection.
9. Participants are responsible for their own hardware and internet connection. Any event/rounds held in eROC will not be rescheduled due to technical issues other than the game itself, its servers, or the eROC platform.
10. In registering to participate in the eROC qualifying stage, each Participant confirms that he/she:
a. is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize that he/she may win
b. fully and unconditionally agrees to and undertakes to comply with this Terms & Conditions (and all other agreements, rules and policies referred to in this Terms & Conditions) and any instruction of eROC (and/or its nominee) in relation to the Competition and/or eROC competition; and
c. accepts that decisions of the promoter regarding all matters relating to the eROC competition are final and binding.
11. By entering the eROC competition in whatever manner, each Participant agrees that any personal information provided by a Participant shall be:
b. used by the promoter and their respective agents and suppliers to administer the eROC competition, send out prizes and to enable the promoter to promote the eROC competition in any media (including, without limitation, television and online broadcast, publishing channels and Race Of Champions’ and its partners’ social media pages) and in any other manner to which a Participant has expressly consented to;
c. passed on to any eROC Partner in a manner to which a Participant has consented to and used for any additional activities that you have consented to, for example, if a Participant has agreed that eROC Partners can contact them, then their data will also be used in accordance with such consents; and
d. shared with Teams and organisations involved in eROC and Race Of Champions, of course only in the manner a Participant has consented to.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
12. Participants must own and have installed Assetto Corsa on their computer.
13. No payment is required from Participants to enter the eROC competition. Only entries received in accordance with the Terms and Conditions will be accepted.
14. To enter the qualifying stage of the competition, each Participant must create an online account on the Race Of Champions / eROC website. There is no charge to register for use of the Website. Participants must provide truthful and accurate information in creating such account. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that Participant has provided any information that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Promoter may suspend or terminate your ability to use or access eROC, and refuse any and all current or future use of or access to any or all competitions (or any portion thereof).
15. During the registration process, each Participant will be asked to select a username and password and to provide his/her name, email address and Any personal information which the participants submit will be controlled and used in accordance with this document.
16. Promoter reserves the right to refuse a “player name” that the promoter in its sole opinion determines is inappropriate, offensive or does not otherwise comply with the Handbook. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Promoter reserves the right to delete the account of a Participant who breaches this requirement without notice. Any such decision to do so by Promoter is final.
17. Entries correctly submitted via the Website will result in an acceptance message on the Website confirming their entry.
18. Following successful registration (taking into consideration these Terms & Conditions, in particular eligibility and time period for participation), each Participant must sign in to the Website and download and install the eROC Launcher that will be sent along with instructions by email. At the first start of the launcher the Participant must log in with his data to be ready to participate when the Qualifying of the competition opens.
19. Promoter, any of its employees, agents or representatives shall not be responsible for:
a. any actions to be taken using a participant’s password (and the Participant is responsible for the safety and security of his/her password);
b. any entries which are delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
c. lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
20. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned. Race Of Champions database record of the entry will be considered to be the official entry. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorised account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant to the eROC competition.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
21. By registering (if applicable) and participating in the eROC competition, Participants agree and consent to the use and reproduction by or on behalf of Race Of Champions of their name, voice, still and moving (including photographic) images and/or comments relating to the eROC competition without limitation for such promotional, merchandising, marketing and publicity purposes of eROC competition in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid to them and further agree to take part in such media, marketing and publicity requirements of the Promoter relating to the eROC competition (acting reasonably).
22. Participants shall not do or permit anything to be done which might adversely affect any of eROC’s commercial rights or the value of the commercial rights and shall not be entitled to exploit any commercial or other agreement (including the endorsement and/or promotion of a competitor’s products or services,) other than as agreed with the Promoter.
23. Some stages of the eROC competition, and subsequently Race Of Champions Virtual, will be filmed and broadcast and each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter shall be entitled to use any such footage in its discretion.
24. Participants agree to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on eROC and Race Of Champions in all respects.
25. Players Names and/or Username may not contain: obscene or suggestive language, corporation, company, sponsor, product, or services names, any material which infringes a third party’s rights, or which Administration feels may cause confusion during gameplay.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to restrict or change player names and Username for any reason. A Participant’s name is not permitted to change throughout the Competition unless explicitly approved by the Promoter. The Promoter could refer to Participants with their full names.
27. The eROC 2020 competition gives the opportunity to the two finalists to advance to the eROC Final, which will be held on June 28th, 2020 in conjunction with the Race Of Champions Virtual, referred to as the “Online Events”.
28. Finalists will first compete against past eROC winners before the overall eROC Final winner gets a chance to Challenge the best real race driver from the final of Race Of Champions Virtual 2020.
29. Promoter expressly reserves the right to change details in the offer before completion of the contract for objectively authorised, significant and unpredictable reasons.
30. In the event that finalists cannot participate in the Online Events or the finalist is found to be ineligible or does not comply with the rules and regulations of the Event, they will have no right to claim the value of their prize or other compensation and Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such Finalist.
31. If any Finalist:
a. is not able, for any reason, to accept the Prize; or
b. cannot attend both the Online Events; or
c. cannot be contacted within a notification period of 48 hours; or
d. does not comply with the rules and regulations of the Online Events;
they will have no right to claim the value of their prize in cash and the Promoter is entitled to award the Prize to another entrant.
32. This prize is non-transferrable to any other person.
FINALISTS & NOTIFICATIONS
33. The Promoter will personally notify each finalists to the e-mail address provided at registration.
34. The Finalist will be notified by the Promoter that they are among the finalists within 48 (forty eight) hours of them having qualified and asked to provide their email address to which all future correspondence about the Prize is to be delivered.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to broadcast any qualifying session or race of the eROC competition including online and offline play. Drivers cannot refuse broadcasts authorised by the Promoter. Each Participant acknowledges that the Promoter shall be entitled to use any such footage in its discretion.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to reschedule any qualifying session or race of the eROC competition to accommodate a specific broadcast time. Participants cannot refuse to this reschedule. Refusing to allow the Promoter to broadcast or reschedule any qualifying session or race may result in a penalty.
37. Participants may be required to participate in publicity and media activity related to the eROC competition and by taking part, they agree to do so as requested by the Promoter.
38. Each Participant consents to the use by the Promoter and related companies, and their licensees for an unlimited time, of the relevant Participant’s name, voice, image, slogan, likeness, biography, statistics and performance in the eROC competition and still and moving images of the Participant without additional compensation or prior notice.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
39. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any prizes or a Participant’s participation in the eROC competition that are not expressly stated to be its responsibility.
40. Additionally, each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on their income and profit tax expenses in connection with acceptance to take part in eROC and the Event. ROC will not compensate any expenses other than expressly agreed to in these Terms & Conditions.
41. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a Participant as a result of participating in the eROC competition or accepting any prize. The Promoter further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s devices relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the eROC competition save to the extent that (1) death or personal injury is caused by the Promoter’s negligence; (2) such liability arises from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (3) for any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law.
42. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to the eROC competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
43. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the security of Participant’s computer system.
GOVERNING LAW AND LOCATION
44. The eROC competition 2020 is operated by the Promoter under English law and, to the extent permitted by law, any legal disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
45. Regardless of this, Participants may have statutory and/or consumer rights where they live which may apply and Participants’ local law may apply in some circumstances.