Andy Priaulx - Triple World Touring Car Champion
Race of Champions
ROC Nations Cup
Birth Date: 8 August 1974
Birthplace: Guernsey, Channel Islands
Andy Priaulx is a legend of tin-top racing having taken three straight titles in the World Touring Car Championship – from 2005 to 2007.
Priaulx, driving for BMW, had also won the previous year’s European Touring Car Championship, making it four titles on the trot in a series where weight penalties are applied, supposedly to stop any driver from running away with it.
He has since branched out into other forms of racing, taking part in events including the Le Mans 24 Hours. In 2012 Priaulx spearheaded BMW’s arrival in Germany’s DTM touring car series and this year he made a long-overdue return to the British Touring Car Championship, taking two victories.
The Guernseyman reached his first ROC Nations Cup final in 2009 alongside Formula 1 world champion Jenson Button. He repeated the feat in 2010 with fellow tin-top specialist Jason Plato, defeating Team Germany's Sebastian Vettel before narrowly losing out to Michael Schumacher in the tie-break. Priaulx has also reached the individual Race Of Champions semi-finals three times, most recently in 2010.
- 3-time FIA World Touring Car Champion (2005, 2006, 2007)
- FIA European Touring Car Champion (2004)
- Nürburgring 24 Hours winner (2005)
- 2008: 4th in FIA World Touring Car Championship with 1 win
- 2005: Official Test Driver for BMW Williams F1 Team
- 2003: 3rd in European Touring Car Championship with 1 win
- 2002: 5th in British Touring Car Championship with 1 win
- 2001: 6th in British Formula 3 with 1 win
- 1999: Renault Spider Champion with 13 wins, 13 poles and 11 fastest laps from 13 races
- 1998: Runner-up in Formula Palmer Audi Winter Series
- 1995: British Hillclimb Champion with 10 wins and 8 course records from 10 events
- Years contested: 2006-2012
- 2010: ROC Semi-finalist, ROC Nations Cup Finalist for Team GB with Jason Plato
- 2009: ROC Nations Cup Finalist for Team Autosport Great Britain with Jenson Button
- 2008: ROC Semi-finalist, ROC Nations Cup Semi-finalist for Team Autosport Great Britain with Jenson Button
- 2007: ROC Semi-finalist, ROC Nations Cup Semi-finalist for Team Autosport England with Jenson Button